Friday 13 December 2019

Straw (Part Two)

Scour Instagram and Facebook Sniff around for clues about the other Amy Fish and come up empty.
But.
There is an email us and we will respond within 24 hours address on slip.
I take a picture of the address label to Amy Fish, Canada next to the packing sheet that says Amy Fish, Monroe Township.
I send it to the 24 hour help email saying I got a package I didn't order, I think you sent it to the wrong Amy Fish.
Then I go to sleep.
Wake up to an email saying:
As a Holiday Gift, Please Keep The Straws. We have already requested that a new package be sent to the original orderer.

Thoughts:

  • Why doesn't Amy Fish from Monroe Township dream bigger like for example a GG Marmont velvet shoulder bag in fuschia
  • Obviously they were going to let me keep the straws, I could've not reported it and just put them in my pocket and walked away
  • I like that they tried to pass it off as a Holiday Gift
  • I also like the use of the word Holiday Gift instead of Christmas Gift, very politically correct
Also:
  • I still don't know how this happened and I never will. Isn't nice that there are just some unanswered questions in the universe.
Lesson Learned
Sometimes you need to complain on behalf of someone else even if you don't know them. If I would have said nothing, the web site might not have believed Amy Fish, Monroe Township when she said her package was never delivered. Or, if the straws were sent to Amy as a gift, she never would have received them and would have thought whoever sent them was a liar when they said How did you like the straws. Or, maybe they would have been mad at Amy Fish for not sending a thank you note when she never even got the gift or knew it existed. So basically, it's fair to say that my quick email to the company is instrumental in keeping families and friends together. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment