Tuesday 14 January 2020

Limb Part Two

In the throes of panic I text writing friend/mentor/talker off ledges who encourages me to write to Hippocampus editor and ask what happened, believing that there is some logical explanation other than that something horrible has happened and its all my fault.

Turns out: 
I was so nervous about submitting my book review late in December that I actually submitted super early which means that when it came time to publish the issue, my book review was long forgotten. This was immediately corrected and had I not mentioned it to you, you probably wouldn't've noticed.

Logical explanation, quick response time and complete correction of situation.

Why I Believe This Story Is Worth Telling: 

  1. Because I was so busy worrying that I had made a grievous error that I almost didn't speak up for myself even though I am in the middle of building a career predicated on the importance of speaking up for yourself.
  2. Also because it took a good friend to give my head a shake and push me out the door.
  3. And finally because you need to know that even people who blah blah on and on about follow up and feedback sometimes get caught up in worst-case-scenario-ing and need encouragement.
If You Want to Read the Book Review:


No comments:

Post a Comment