Monday 15 April 2019

Not: A Tale of Three Ubers

1. I Am Not Gina
I walk out of the train station onto a busy street. I see my Uber in a black Camry.
I get in and he takes a left, and says Just to confirm, you're going to Northern Ave?
I'm like No, I'm going to -  Shit. Did I put in the wrong -
Wait. He says. You are Gina?
(I am Not Gina.)
I burst out laughing, he chuckles politely and pulls over to the curb.
Thank you for not killing me! I shout as I grab my bag from the trunk.

2.  I Am Not Learning My Lesson
Later that same night I walk out of the hotel and my Uber is waiting for me in a white GMC.
I get in the back seat.
Who are you looking for? I ask because now I'm getting smart.
Guy turns around.
I'm not an Uber he says.
Oh my g-d I'm so sorry. I got into some guy's car and he is not even an Uber driver.
I jump out faster than you can say Check the license plate next time.

3. I Am Not The Only Tim Horton's Fan
I check the license plate before I get in.
I was upgraded to a Lexus due to availability.
I tell Uber driver about my inability to correctly identify a moving vehicle misadventures.
You think you have problems he says.
This morning I picked up a girl from Texas who missed her flight home, couldn't find her friends, had no data plan, packed only summer clothes and was severely hung over.
(Oh man that does not sound good.)
What did you do with her?
I drove her around for about 20 minutes.
And then?
I let her use my phone.
And then?
She still couldn't find her friends.
So then?
I did the only thing I could think of
Which was?
I dropped her off at a Tim Horton's and wished her luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment