Wednesday 16 January 2019

Six Things About What Happened When My First Book Review Was Published


1. Cherry Broken: I have been reading since I cracked open my first Trixie Belden mystery when I was four, but this is my first ever published book review. Click here to read it.

2. Heart Broken: I was so excited for the review to come out but I almost missed it because my beloved (revered, adored) great uncle died in his sleep at the age of 93. Read more about him here.

3. Heart Singing: During that same week, my spectacular niece won the Governor General's Gold Medal for the highest marks in her graduating class of high school. This is unrelated but I have been working this achievement into every conversation because I am blown away.

4. Toronto: We were in Toronto for a basketball tournament and my daughter's team won the Gold. (Also working that into conversations.) While I was there I saw my cousin and while I was telling her about the book review, I realized how much she would like the book because cooking features heavily and she is a Cordon Bleu chef. It's on its way to her right now.

5. New Beginnings: Somewhere in this same week my sister left her old job and is starting a new amazing job which is related to the book review because my sister also reads books, also cooks a lot and the narrator of the book has a sister (I think she has two sisters, but all you really need is one).

6. Book Submitted: At the end of this very week (yesterday) I completed my own book and sent the first draft to the publisher. Chances are by next year at this time, someone will write their very first book review about my book. And post six things about it on their blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment