Tuesday 16 August 2016

Silver Lining: 3

Amy, you may not be able to go to the Opera after all.

I know what you mean. I am still a little (mild cough) short of breath.

You actually sound fine, that's not what I meant. 

Oh.

We are, what, eight people?

Yeah. I think so.

I only got six Opera tickets.

Phew. That's too bad. I was getting kind of nervous that there was no way out excited about it. 

Sorry. I feel terrible. I don't know who I wasn't counting.

That's OK. I completely understand. I'm terrible at numbers too. In fact, my business card has a tip chart on the back so that I'll always know how much to tip the pizza guy.

But you'll be all alone while we're at the Opera.

Yeah, sounds terrible. An evening to myself with absolutely no one to answer to. Yuck.

I'll sit this one out with you, says C. We can get Aperol Spritzers.

Even better.

Lessons Learned:

1. Even when you think a story is over, it may keep on going
2. Aperol trumps Opera in the card game of life
3. When your Grade Nine teacher said Math skills would be important later, she was right

No comments:

Post a Comment