Wednesday 10 August 2016

Silver Lining: 1

Cough, cough, cough, cough.

Dr. does thorough examination and writes on prescription pad: Bad Cold. Patient would like Day Off.

Hands me piece of paper.

Cough, cough, cough, cough.

Brush off indignity and go back to office. Work all cough day.

Cough.

Sister and Husband insist that I go back to clinic because (cough) cough is persisting.

Go back to clinic.

Cough.

Nurse says I think I know you from somewhere.

I say Maybe. I used to work at blah, blah, cough, blah.

Oh, yeah that's it she says. You are Really Sick.

You think? I cough. Dr. said all I had was bad cold.

You need to see another Dr.

Good Dr. sends me for stat chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia.

Bad news.

Lungs showing cough evidence of pneumonia.

Oh this is a cough problem.

I'm cough cough going on vacation tonight.

Oh NO Amy this does not sound good. What did you do? Where did you go? Where is the silver lining?

I would love to answer all your questions.

Unfortunately, I've been getting feedback that my blog posts are too long.

So please tune in tomorrow for the next 200 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment