Wednesday 14 March 2012

Complaint Tie-In: Now What I am Supposed to Eat With My Nachos?

Have always been fascinated by how people met their closest friends.

Pediatrician's office.

Sat next to each other at a wedding.

Happy hour.  Introduced by a co-worker.

Last night took B and 2 friends out to kick off the birthday season.

Three practically thirteen year old boys put down their cell phones for long enough to have the following conversation:

Dude?

Remember in grade one when you moved to your new house?

And you brought cottage cheese to school and told everyone it was your brother's throw up?

Dude, that wasn't cottage cheese that was guacamole. And it was grade two.

Ok, fine, grade three, remember?

And you looked at me and you were like yo Dude, play along.

And I started eating it? and everyone thought it was barf, and I was like, eating it?

Yeah dude, ever since then we've been friends.

Changed my mind.

Used to find how we met stories fascinating.

Once we take a left turn into eating baby barf, I'd rather talk about knitting.

4 comments:

  1. Apparently, I was a total b*ch the first time we met. Which I totally do not remember. But you keep reminding me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shout out to the pediatrician encounter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd always rather talk about knitting

    ReplyDelete